Friday 9 December 2011

RIP Renee / Qalamdam

I received some sad news last night. Known as Mrs U-turn on my blog, my lovely client Renee, has died. Suddenly if not completely unexpectedly.  

It is difficult to express just how much I will miss this wonderful lady who was gracious, friendly, kind and compassionate. She bore her illness with dignity and would deflect any enquiry about her health with a question about my family or myself or a query about her garden.


The information about her untimely death has not quite sunk in with me; I worked in the neighbour's garden this morning and parking in her drive (as usual), I felt more like she had gone off to spend a week with friends as she used to when she was in better health.

If I called in on her on a non-working day, I would often wear a scarf and she would usually quiz me about the details on it. In her memory I am wearing today Qalamdam, a design that she liked, combining a slightly old fashioned colourway with depictions of warriors in the corners and above all birds and flowers in the outer border.

Renee, you will be missed by all who knew you, RIP.




A few details of the simple and geometric design:




 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that this lovely lady has passed away . It's a great tribute to model this for her.
    I'm a fan of this design too, although as yet I haven't acquired one . I believe it's based on an antique persian pencil box .
    Beautiful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estrella, I am still a bit in shock over Renee's death. It is a long time since I have lost someone close to me.

    You are absolutely right about this design's origin and thanks for the colour love and good luck with hunting down your own scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...