Monday 19 December 2011

Holly - from park to scarf

I have to come back to a photo taken recently at the Jardins des Plantes:

 

It features variegated holly and it so reminds me of one of my "seasonal scarves", Neige d'Antan II.

 
Neige d'Antan is another of my scarves where I prefer the detail version over the original.


The kitsch is somewhat reduced to depictions of holly, tied with a bit of festive Bolduc ribbon....




.... surrounded by sprigs of mistletoe



It is a jacquard and fittingly, the weave features holly leaves:


I adore the muted shades of cream, gold, olive green with just a tiny bit of muted red and blue for the berries and ribbon. Each leaf is outlined in a dark brown which goes wonderfully with yesterday's cardigan. Worn as a simple cowl neck, this is a relaxing look which is perfect for getting me in the mood for Christmas in the traditional sense, a time for contemplation and quiet anticipation.


Hope you get to enjoy some quiet preparation time yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Love this Bienchen, I totally agree with your thoughts about the 'detail' version, beautiful and subtle. I search in vain however ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. textilegirl, one day your scarf will come. It is the fate of us scarfies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...