Thursday 29 December 2011

Getting organised

Way back in the summer I picked up a new address book and I have been looking for a cover ever since. It was an indulgence that replaced a necessity; my old address book came as part of a management type diary from a job around 1997, so you can imagine in what state it was.

I used the run up to Christmas and the traditional card writing to transfer addresses from the old inserts and scraps of paper to the new address book. Incidentally I wrote fewer cards this year, having followed Stephen Cottrell's excellent advice...

....given in this little book for advent, titled "Do nothing - Christmas is coming".



I am not holier than thou though... When I browsed the Breuninger department store in Stuttgart before Christmas before our rendez-vous at the Christmas market, I checked on their stocks of Ulysse note book covers and found a cover in Togo leather in Bleu Electrique. 



It is gifted by my Mum, so will hold a special place in my heart and I think I may get my initials put on it. I think she would enjoy the thought.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to have your initials put on the notebook Bienchen! I have no doubt Mum will be thrilled!

    I am a recent convert to the Ulysses, mine is Cassis. I so enjoy making notes to myself in it, rather than on scraps of paper or my iPhone. I much prefer the 'hand' of the experience of writing on lovely paper (I use a fountain pen). In fact, I much prefer the 'hand' of many experiences....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Bienchen and what a memorable gift from your mum. Love the blue.
    Glueckliches neues Jahr, Gesundheit, Sonnenschein und kein Rueckenweh im neuen Jahr.
    Herzlichst,
    Maedi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Textilegirl and Maedi: so glad you approve of the gift and the embossing idea. Bet wishes to both of you!

    Textilegirl: I would love to have the Ulysse in Cassis; alas it was only available in the TPM and I don't think my eyes would cope.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...