Thursday 8 December 2011

Cashmere & Candles

Cashmere/silk week:

Apologies for the poor picture, the drizzly weather is spoiling any attempt to take a flattering photograph.

If I had to choose my favourite cashmere/silk scarf, it would be this one:

Pierres d'Orient et d'Occident
 

This was the only other scarf I brought with me to Paris and I love everyting about it: fabulous quality (and so far undamaged), a colourway that suits me and my wardrobe, great accent colours in ruby red and bright blue (works with my Picotin and the Kelly) and a design that I adore.



The base colours are beige and camel but I happily wear this with black, too. The detail is just stunning and it has just been re-released in a 90cm silk.  few more detail shots:




I had been eyeing this design and c/w for close to a year before I finally committed to buy. The long wait was so worth it so as it has become a favourite shawl and was worth every penny.

I wanted to bring some seasonal souvenirs back from Paris and was lucky with two shops in Rue de Seine (Metro: Odeon or Mabillon). First port of call was Cire Trudon (or should I spell this Trvdon), the oldest French candle makers. The shop is a delight but I was not able to take any photographs as it is a little cramped and I was sidetracked minding the little gardener. I left with basic candles in silver and gold. I had been looking for candles for some blue and silver glass candlesticks and these fit the bill nicely.



My second buy was a luxury treat, a christmas scented candle which came in the trademark coloured glass jar, complete with gold label, giftbox and booklet. It subsequently attracted much curiosity and interest when my luggage was searched at the Eurostar check in.


The current range comprises some thirty different scents and I went for Nazareth which does smell a bit like incense in a church but is wonderful to evoke a quietly festive atmosphere.

I hope your festive preparations are giving you time to discover a seasonal scent, too.



3 comments:

  1. Your cashmere shawl is simply divine. I love the soft colours with jewel accents, and it suits you to perfection. Thankyou for sharing, I shall pay more attention to this design having seen this .
    And Cire Trudon, I'm so envious ! I asked DH to buy me one for a birthday, and when refused on account of the price then went and spent more on a box of very nice Decleor bath and body stuff ....Men just don't get the point sometimes !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shawl and thanks especially for the pictures of the details. I see net a porter are stocking some of these candles, I'm trying hard not to succumb !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estrella & Anon, the candle is a pleasure. As it has a burn time of around 60 hours, the cost per hour is about 1 Euro, giving you 2 hours of bliss and relaxation all through December.

    Estrella, I bet your DH thought the bath & body set looked a bit more "bang for the buck" than a candle. A very thoughtful gift nonetheless, now get thee to Paree and get your own. My recommendation for January would be Pondichery and from the booklet "ginger with zests of citrus and vetiver, Pondichery exhales a green and fresh touch....."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...