Sunday 11 December 2011

"Magical" Paris

The theme for this week on the scarf board is Sun, Moon & Stars.

I don't think I possess anything that fits the bill; I need to scrutinize a few scarves in detail but I remember a scarf (sadly not in my possession) called La Magie

I am trying to find a good quality photo that I can use because it is a charming design, possibly better framed than knotted. If you can help, please get in touch. Thank you.

La Magie (Claudia Stuhlhofer 1999) photo credit: luxury-scarves, Zurich



If you do find yourself with an hour to spare on a Wednesday or Saturday afternoon, head to 11, rue St Paul (Metro: Rue St Paul) where the Musee de la Magie will weave its spell. It comes in two parts, the museum of magic (which I visited) and the museum of automotons (or similar which I gave a miss).



My photo was taken minutes before the 2pm opening time.

I thoroughly enjoyed taking the little gardener to this venue. The entrance fee includes a small stage show, performing all sorts of illusions and tricks and despite the performance being in French, non-french speakers such as little gardener will still be enchanted by the proceedings.

Otherwise, there is currently an exhibition on the works of David Copperfield, a history a magic and plenty to touch and see (eg mirrors that change your shape, yes, even I can have legs up to my armpits).

A word of warning: this is a popular venue for children and on Wednesday afternoons you will encounter youth clubs and it will be busy (remember the schools shut on Wednesdays).

Hope you have a magical time, too.

4 comments:

  1. I had never seen Magie before, Bienchen; thank you for the introduction. It has beautiful corners and I bet it would tie up very well. (Someone should write a software program that manipulates flat scarf images into knots for us scarfies.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VnSoie, thanks for stopping by. I like this scarf, too and would love to see it knotted. I don't think this scarf is often see, shame, as it has - as you noted - beautiful corners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for the tip, Bienchen, will make sure to visit when taking DS to Paris next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MaiTai, thanks for stopping by and yes I think your DS will enjoy this; DD was a bit too young to fully appreciate it all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...