Sunday 14 August 2011

Tours de Cles

This week's scarf theme is "Mixing prints and patterns", a real design challenge.

One that lets me combine two passions, flowers and silk. The theme also provides a much needed push to get out of work garb and into something more sartorial for Sunday.

I usually let the scarf's pattern do the talking. For the theme I paired two favourites of mine, a flowerprint shirt and my souvenir from Paris, Tours de Cles cashmere/silk shawl. The name refers to the keys laid out in a circular pattern.

Corner detail with medor studs and eloborate key

Flowerprint shirt, cream trousers

Etoupe belt

Herbag pochette in the right shade of red
For me this challenge only worked because the colours are matching. The cream of the trousers is a perfect match with the shirt and also one of the background colours of the shawl.

The red is bright and cheerful and hopefully not too much. The neutral belt is in etoupe, the vermillion one did not even leave its box. And not a bracelet in sight because there is already so much going on.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo, a really fantastic tour de force .To find such a match is amazing....great look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great combination--and the herbag clutch is brilliant. This look is something I would love to emulate one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. It is all too easy to combine the same items of clothing/accessories again ad again; I find the theme weeks are actively encouraging me to try out something different.

    This week is a joy and I have a dew more beauties to share.

    AA: the herbag clutch came with two different inserts, red and orange.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...