Thursday 23 February 2012

Serendipity - Brazil II

Brazil II gavroche

Never say never. This is true for my relationship with the Brazil design. I think some of the older colourations have not appealed to me and put me downright off this superbly detailed design.

Then I took sight of the zoomed in close-up version of the design (Brazil II), issued as a gavroche and the shawl with the white background and I was completely smitten.  


Not only did I acquire the shawl at the infamous Paris sale in January last year, I have also been looking for a suitable gavroche.


I had all but given up hope since this design is from the SS2010 collection, now gone from most stores; cue the half-term trip to London recently with a brief visit to Harrods and lo and behold: this little cutely was displayed amidst a sea of current season stock. The sales assistant even assured me it was "new season" and I did not wish to disagree... I checked later with a colleague who was a bit huffy but ultimately confirmed that they had "received a box of stock".








Whatever the true story may be (I presume someone had exchanged it), I am happy to finally add the Brazil gavroche to my silk stash.


I have a couple of taupe tops and tunics and the colour match is near perfect.




I am not one for favouring the cowboy knot but this design just lends itself to it:

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous luck finding this beauty , I adore the muted taupe/grey with the lively turquoise .
    The cowboy is a tricky one for some of us , I also find it too voluminous Of course that's not a problem with this one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estrella, thank you. There were several lovely c/w when this gavroche was issued, I wouldn't mind adding another one if one becomes available.

    I know people like the cowboy knot because it is easy but my go knot to seems to be the weave knot. Neatly avoids too much bulk up front and perfect on a windy day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are a lucky woman!
    We are twins on this gavroche.
    You are right : the cowboy knot is the best way to show the splendid feathers designed.
    Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Scarfmoodist, and delighted to be in such good company. It is definitively a feelgood gavroche.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...