Thursday 9 February 2012

Chocolate week - Jonques et Sampans

As the frost has descended on our area and won't shift even by midday, I have time to "play" with scarves.

Another candidate to fit in with "chocolate week" is Jonques at Sampans. In the bias fold, this scarf is showing a lot of creamy white; I have to tie it with the corners showing to get the brown too show.



I adore the whimsical design and have not tired yet of the very charming corner details.


A close up of the many traditional Far Eastern vessels depicted:


Although I have chosen this scarf for "chocolate week", with its accents of blue, warm gold and purple it matches moist blues and also whites in my wardrobe and makes it a year round scarf.

I have tried to find some information of the designer Françoise de la Perriere who has designed so many scarves for Hermès; alas my search has not been fruitful. I am not even sure if the artist is male or female as the spelling of the first name is a female first name; several blogs refer to the artist as a male.

If you can shed any light on this enigma, please do post and let me know.  

4 comments:

  1. Thankyou for sharing this one . The old designs have so many lovely details , and i like how you've styled it with the [Mai Tai?] ring to bring it bang up to date

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estrella, I am completely with you on some of the older designs. The scarf ring is indeed a shawl ring from MaiTai, it is so easy to wear because of the curved design, highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking so elegant and lovely! And beautifully tied to showcase those chocolate corners. Aren't the shawl rings wonderful? I love the casual grace they add to any scarf or shawl ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, dear Niniknows, for your very kond compliment. It is a pleasure to "dress up" when I am not working. I can fully endorse the MaiTai shawl rings for 90 silk twills.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...