Monday 7 May 2012

Spring Greens and the Tax Return

It has become a bit of a habit of mine to reward myself when my tax return is completed. 

The thought of a lovely item to add to my wardrobe surely spurs me on and this year the return was done double quick. Less because of money burning a hole in my pocket, more a case of rain on my parade of borders.

I was not tempted by any scarves or shawls this time but had my eyes on a cashmere jumper.

Not just any jumper, mind, but one of those £££ Brora ones. And it had to be green. The description promised "olive" and I was very delighted to see that it was a rather bright olive rather than dull (think work trousers) olive.

I was also delighted that it matches one of my scarves perfectly. 


Perfectly soft cashmere....   



Perfect match with Axis Mundi II....   


A close up of my perfectly matched "Spring Greens" 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful , cashmere and H silk both !
    The leaves on the Axis Mundi are just perfect .
    I'm also a great fan of Brora , and especially the textured knits . I've been living in my two favourites : a roll neck in Thunder , and a retro style textured knit in gold .
    The collars on both make them tricky to wear with scarves ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to Brora but I had to send a merino cardigan back, it was so thin it was sheer. Gossamer springs to mind. I hear you on the collars, that's why I went for the grandad style (terrible name, great product though).

      Delete
  2. Your new jumper and scarf combination are a lovely match. I find it interesting the ways people unwind at the end of a work day. For me it's often a drink and my guitar in the garden. It's nice to put the gardening tools away and just enjoy natures beauty. For my daughter, at least today, as it was a stressful day at college, her decompression was a fresh batch of chicken parm I made for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Hope your daughter gets to relax, too. As I type I gaze at the garden. The grass looks so lush after all the rain, very soothing. A hot bath (undisturbed by family) is my favourite down time after a long day digging and then I tend to put on something non-gardening as an antidote to the work uniform of twill trousers & safety boots. Followed sometimes by a glass of wine. And just catching up with DH.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...