Tuesday 22 May 2012

Requested: tree peony

I did not manage to return to the small town garden and suspect that the tree peony will past its best by the time I return.

However, a fuchsia pink monster lives with me and here is a close up of it instead, still showcasing the bright and long golden stamens.



My specimen is a monster indeed: the flowers when fully open are the size of the little gardener's head. The stamens are more than an inch long. I was tricked into buying this plant: the label read "white tree peony" and after several years wait this garish pink monstrosity unfolded.

Luckily it is in a pot, so not dominating the a border, the flowering time is short and I love the structure of the tree peony;it has so far escaped rehoming. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...