Saturday 10 March 2012

Sous le Cedre III

As sure as Spring follows winter, the skeletons of shrubs and trees around here are just starting to change. 

No longer are the stems mainly just a sea of from grey and brown albeit some gardens have the good grace to feature a few silver birches or dogwood shrubs. 
Now the landscape changes nearly daily, and from a distance there is a greenish, barely olive haze on some of those bare shrubs, a sign that buds have formed and started to break open.


The trees won't be far behind and to celebrate, I have dug out my 'Sous le Cedre'.

For some reason only known to itself, this is a special occasion scarf. Maybe because it travelled a long way to get to me, maybe because this design is not often seen, maybe because it cost me a pretty penny but I have decided to no longer keep this in the scarf drawer but wear it with pride.


I quite like to pair light blue and deep browns and was hoping the scarf would go with this dress. To my surprise the dark brown border is repeated in the dress and the blue gives the desired lift and the gold brightens up the picture even more.

I have posted about Sous le Cedre before here and here.

2 comments:

  1. Just perfect on you : I keep saying that but it's only the truth !
    Delectable scarf and the pale blue makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it took many months months to find this c/w. The longer I collect scarves, the more I realise that the coloration has to bejust right for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...