Sunday 18 March 2012

More serendipity

This weekend gave me a chance to meet up with a few more scarf and bag lovers in London.

I was in the market for a red scarf and was very undecided between the Rendez-vous Rive Gauche with a pale yellow contrast hem or the J'aime mon carré with accents of yellow, blue and pink. I left it until after lunch before I settled for Rendezvous-Rive Gauche but I was not experiencing my usual sense of elation after a scarf purchase.

Later we called in to the Bond Street store as some of the other ladies were still shopping and my eye fell on a piece of silk in the display drawers.

It was a scarf from four seasons ago if I remember correctly and I had admired it many times on the hermes.com USA; so often that it had become a bit of a fixation. It drew me in in a particulier way and when a member of staff became available I asked to see it. I held it up and not only was the scarf as lovely as I had hoped, it also was a good match for me colourwise. I exchanged it for the purchase earlier in the day without a second's thought.

So here I am, very early on Mother's Day, long before the children are stirring to give me their cards, and I am admiring this fabulous piece of silk in all its glory, still not believing my luck that I have finally been able to add Soirée de Gala to my collection.


 My first bit of the 2012 Bolduc, celebrating the gift of time.



A white contrast hem, another novelty for me but perfect with the overall look of the scarf which reminds me of a pastel drawing.




The colourway of this scarf is violine/pétrole/terracotta, I hope this little detail shows the accent colours.


A slightly bigger detail picture.

I will not show the full picture of this scarf as I believe the fakers are using blogs for their evil gains but will try to show a few action shots in due course.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's such a beautiful scarf. I adore that design and have been secretly desiring it myself--but I've never known of that coloring. Perfection, B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for serendipity! I'm so glad that you found the One you'd given up hope of: congratulations.

    This breathtaking combination of colours makes me look forward eagerly to this design being modelled shortly. The grey is particularly gorgeous.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Catherine and pussywillow, thank you so much for your kind words. The colouring is actually a shade of lavender with a metallic sheen to it.

    I flung it on after work today with a dark blue jumper which makes the contrast hem stand out; hoping that it will also look good with a white shirt and a grey dress. Possibly also a purple long sleeved top that is still packed away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy to find the scarf that you were dreaming... and from 4 seasons ago (when it is already hard to find a scarf from the season ! - as we all know ...;-)) !!! You must be in heaven.
    Besides to be a grail scarf, it is a very lovely one. I have this design in 90 cm mousseline silk and I love it and the color that you have chosen is just gorgeous, a great "neutral" scarf but not boring at all !!! I imagine the scarf with your dark blue jumper, it must be amazing. And I am sure that it goes very well with grey (dark or pale) and with khaki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, dear Scarfmoodist, for the excellent suggestion of wearing this with khaki. There happens to be a DKNY shirt-dress in my wardrobe that is of an undefineable colour: khaki?grey? will have to put to the test when the weather warms up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even more lovely in reality ,you'll be wearing this with joy for decades. How marvellous to have found something you've wanted for so long .And of course , it looks spectacular with your tawny hair .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Estrella, Would you believe that this is a design from 1950, if I like it in 2012 I'm sure to like it for another decade or two.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...