Monday 12 September 2011

Cherries

Cherries in September? Main bien sur...anything is possible for the patient gardener.They are of course nothing other then Les Merises.

With a big smile on my face I have been waiting for the arrival of some very special cherries this week.



A few days late but a very welcome birthday treat, I am so happy to finally call 'Les Merises' my own, featuring Prunus avium ("wild cherry" or literally "bird cherry").


Les Merises is a throwback to the 90's, a design by Antoine de Jacquelot. It was re-issued in 1997 but I have waited a while before I found a colouration that I like.

The background is a dark blue and the cherries are .... a cherry red, as they should be. I adore the birds (presumably starlings)

that are raiding the tree but on closer inspection there are also



butterflies, moths, bees, wasps and beetles. Foliage abounds. And those cherries are just calling to me. The little gardener was fascinated and I just had to see what it would look like when tied.


Lots of golden accents punctuated by the dots of cherries when worn with a simple knot.



A bit more dynamic with the weave knot.

I have to apologize for still being in my work clothes but isn't the blue a great match for the scarf?

What do you think of 'Les Merises'? A whimsical keeper for sharing with the little gardener when she grows up or a 'betise', a dated design that should go straight to the charity shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...