Monday 20 August 2012

Hippy chic(k)

Before I embark on another family mission, I have a day of errands and packing to look forward to. A good opportunity to get out of work togs and into something a little less "chores".

As it is too hot for full on silk and a halter would be decidedly out of place for the day ahead, I am settling for a tunic dress with a silk sash. Yes, the trusty Trésors Retrouvés gets another outing. For ultimate hippy chic and comfort this will be teamed with patent Birkenstocks; persons with a sense of humor bypass and fashionistas need not click through ;)

Have a lovely day!


The sash is just tied behind the back and secured with a double knot. On slim days I get away with an ultra sleek silhouette by crossing at the back and tying a small double knot at the front which can then be hidden under the wide band of silk. Either way, a fabulous way to enjoy a 90cm silk in hot weather.



The purple accents pick up nicely the colour of my patent Birkenstocks which make for a comfortable and colourful day underfoot.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Bienchen !
    Wearing a scarf as a sash is one of my favorite when the temperatures are climbing !
    I like the way the scarf matchs the dress (the jewels in the scarf seem to be the exact color of the dress) and enlightens it thanks to the off-white background. Bravos !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Scarfmoodist, hope you got a lot of sash wearing done this summer!

      Delete
  2. Slim days must come round all the time for you , I shall now rush to find a scarf to see if I can tie like that !
    Lovely pairing , and we all agree sashes rule in hot weather for 90cm .
    TBH I love the look, but I seem to attract a lot of attention when I wear mine ! [I mean puzzled looks rather than wow looks!]I think the best are more uniform coloured scarves like your beautiful elegant Tresors , the white inside ones with a coloured border can look a bit odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Estrella, I'm afraid more slim pickings than anything else. I think the looks are probably surprise because sashes around here are not current hot fashion. Having met you, I know you have the figure and attitude to wear them with aplomb.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, Bienchen. I love the entire outfit, dress, Birkis and the beautiful TR! I am your twin with this scarf. Thanks for sharing,
    Maedi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maedi, I am so delighted to be twins with you with this beautiful scarf. I hope wearing it makes for a serene and elegant day/evening ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...