Monday 6 August 2012

Neutrals - Peuple du Vent

Gavroches are my summer go to silks and most years I rotate the silk stash around in spring to allow easy access to those small squares. This year though I have not bothered to do so until now.

Last weekend saw the first outing of the season of my Peuple du vent gavroche. 


The design depicts probably a rather idyllic view of travelling folk. I fell in love with the whimsical depictions of circus scenes and the unusual colour combinations: a background of taupe with golden yellow as main contrast colour. There is also a little white, mauve and green. 

 
I am happy that it works so well with my other taupe accessories: the Longchamp tote and an etoupe Hermès belt. The bangle is the Grands Fonds II design but the colours pick up on those of the gavroche.



I have worn my PdV over a few days, both casually in the cowboy knot with an airforce blue long sleeved T, skinny jeans and ankle boots ...



... and in a flower knot with a kimono style dress in black/taupe/white. Paired with those Stuart Weitzman ballet flats that I cannot praise high enough.


The flower knot is probably the worst one ever produced by me, I am clearly very much out of practice.

I very much trust your flower knots are of a better standard and you get to wear gavroches this summer.

4 comments:

  1. Bienchen, this Cw is breathtaking. Taupe and golden yellow are such a classy and subtle color combinations. And paired with your taupe team…, I imagine they are divine together! As PdV is one of my most favorite design, I should pull it out more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that you like this design, too, dear Iris.

      Delete
  2. This is very pretty, I always thought the cowboy style shows the design so well. The smaller silks are perfect for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Garden Guy, and I quite agree.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...