Monday 3 October 2011

The postman always rings twice - part three

You may have guessed that the postman rang twice indeed, please allow a little poetic license to also include the very nice men from John Lewis and the chap from UPS.

Of course all the items mentioned arrived on the day and I truly felt like a child at Christmas, heck make that Christmas and birthday rolled into one!


The scarf was a vintage find with a spurious link to gardening and I shall come back to it when the weather is a bit more scarf-friendly.

The washing machine has proven the best thing since sliced bread, so much quieter than the old model and with superb performance. If you need another spurious link to gardening, you are very welcome to picture my work clothes and gloves after a day of digging, pruning, levelling lawns and chomping raspberries. Nuff said!

The prize giving was not for any efforts of mine but for the excellent GCSE results of the handsome d*vil, very much deserved on his part and much enjoyed by his proud parents.

The prize was a not insubstantial win on Premium Bonds which was unexpected but very welcome. After a donation to charity it was also used to fund the last item, a vintage leather handbag for which I have been saving on and off; the plan was to look for it close to my next big birthday. Seeing that prices for such items are starting to rocket, I decided to look a little bit earlier and I struck lucky. It does need a little work but is in surprisingly good condition for its age, actually I think it has fewer wrinkles than me and not a grey hair in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...