Wednesday 20 July 2011

Advertising works

On the short journey back home a few days ago I listened to a local radio station, a rare feast for me. It must have been fate because an advertisement was being played, urging listeners to check their smoke alarms weekly.

Hand on heart, how often do you check yours? I'm ashamed to say, that I all too often rely on the smoke alarm to emit the annoying regular beep to warn of the low battery status.

So tonight DH checked and lo and behold the alarm was not working. Maybe we missed the low battery warning when we were away early in the month? I did not even wait for the next grocery shop, I went to the shops tonight and got a new battery.

Smoke alarms save lives but only when they are working properly. Hopefully we will never need it. But for once I am happy that advertising works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...