Sunday 8 January 2012

Feeling horn-y

Forgive me the misspelling but I really want to avoid any internet search engine leading people up the garden path.....

When I met up with some lovely scarf collectors in early December we had a quick browse of the shops. For once I was looking not for a scarf but for the Bolduc scarf ring (which I found) and some horn earrings (which I did not find).

I was offered the latest style, which has the base coated in gold leaf but found it a bit too chunky for my liking. Since I was headed for Paris anyway I few days later I decided to continue the hunt there.

FSH still had a pair of the Lift earrings, my true love so to speak.


I have not worn another pair for weeks now and I am so glad I took the plunge. They are very lightweight and the all horn version is intricate and delicate at the same time. As they are near translucent they are discreet despite their size.


These look fabulous worn just by themselves. The dress needed a little something though and with a contrast trim in taupe, teal and purple I should have some good choices in my scarf drawer. Today it is the teal "Passementerie" gavroche.

Hope good things find their way to you as well and that the wait makes them that bit more special.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm glad you found and are enjoying your earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love, LOVE! You had such luck finding them--and they look amazing on you. I find them one of the most beautiful pair of earrings I've ever seen. Congratulations to you, B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both and I am enjoying them very much. And they don't get in the way of cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you , you were meant to find these beautiful earrings .
    The gavroche is very pretty too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Estrella, thank you for sharing my joy. I was debating whether to get the horn/silver combo but felt I quite liked the simplicity of the all horn piece. And they are so light despite their size.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...