Friday 1 June 2012

Taupe & black or Neutrals but not as we know them

A sartorial post for a change, persons of a nervous disposition may wish to not read on:)


We are off later today on a much needed break which will include a brief visit to the little gardener's beloved grandmother, my belle-mère. The visit will include belle-mère's birthday which will in all likelihood mean going out for dinner, so my suitcase must include something suitable.

Madame has a good eye for tailoring and her claim to fame is having learned her trade in the atelier of Dior. No pressure then....

Starting with the dress which gave rise to the post's title:


a semi-fitted shift dress (if that's not a contradiction in terms)teamed with smart flats and a Longchamp tote which I might replace with a black clutch if needed




The forecast is for rather cool weather, so how about a shawl? In keeping with the neutral/animal print, I was very lucky to find Robert Dallet's Tendresse Féline shawl recently.


A few close up's of this fabulous design.










And a quick match with the dress:




Have you fallen for the charm of Dallet's designs, too?

8 comments:

  1. Marvelous Bienchen ! What an elegant combination together !
    The dress is so elegant and I love so much your flats!!!
    And they are perfect with your new Dallet’s shawl. I love your choice. That cw is particularly chic. Fellicitations! I really want to see the ensemble in action…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Iris, I always admire your flair,style & grace, so your kind words mean a lot. An action shot will follow.

      Delete
  2. Dear Bienchen,

    Have a wonderful visit en famille! Superb cw for Tendresse, I have seen many lovely ones but I think this will be stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear textilegirl, thank you for the good wishes and I am still excited about my choice.

      Delete
  3. I love your shawl , just perfect and something to treasure for years to come.
    Your ensemble is beautiful and perfect for the fickle weather.

    We went to watch the Jubilee flotilla from a friends balcony on the Thames : I was so glad I threw on the cashmere shawl at the very last minute , I was able to stay out there and enjoy the amazing sight .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We caught a bit of the procession on French TV, the popular French press was running huge spreads about the event, too.

      Delete
  4. Perfect matching Bienchen.
    We are twins with this fabulous shawl. Like you I have chosen this colorway because I didn't have a neutral shawl yet. I have it for more than one month but the shawl had not been out of the box yet. I am waiting for a special occasion for its first outing ;-)
    Like Iris, I am waiting to seeing the ensemble in action...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay to twins! Hope your special occasion presents itself soon. I meant to keep it for my birthday but belle mere's birthday proved to be a suitable occasion.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...