Sunday 27 November 2011

Marguerites or how to fit a hedge into a wheelbarrow

I am rather fond of these Marguerites 'Paris White' grown from seed in the Spring. Although we some minor night frosts, they are still in flower and a gorgeous sight in late November.

They have now grown into huge bushes and although they are usually grown as annuals in our climate I feel very tempted overwinter them. I could leave them a little longer but that might just be tempting fate as I will be away for most of the week.

This mini hedge is made up of 5 plants:



I needed a spade to dig up my five bushes and then went ruthless with the secateurs, trimming most of the topgrowth off. They were then potted up in 2ltr pots, you can use potting compost, I simply used garden soil as there is rather a lot at St Michaels.


The marguerites are now ready to go into a greenhouse - or in this case - my coldframe until Spring next year.


I will be catching up with family for most of this week and won't be posting but enjoy my little sejour abroad.


Have a great advent season.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...