Tuesday 15 November 2011

At home in November

My own little garden still manages to bring a smile to my face at this time of year   but I suspect it is a fluke, a one off courtesy of the warm spell that started a few weeks ago and is only just abetting.

For a start I have managed to cut flowers for the house! And no, we are not talking early Christmas decorations here but summer stunner...

Ok, an exaggeration, not flowers but a single stem of hedychium.

Its gentle perfume is filling the air in the dining room and every time I cross the room I catch a tiny waft. Happiness!

The garden is still productive but in tiny amounts as far as autumn fruit and veg is concerned. I have finally got round to giving the lawn its (hopefully) final cut for the year and taken out all the tomato plants.

The little gardener and I have picked the last peas 'Ambassador' and she is enjoying the odd small bowl of raspberries 'Glen Moy', a summer-fruiting variety which crops again in autumn if the weather is kind.

 
One of my client's pointed out to me that the tiniest punnets of raspberries (120gr or so) now retail at £2.99. I think we'll give those a miss. By the time ours have run out my taste buds are ready for a radical change and I am beginning to crave some juicy oranges.

I will post about the rest of the veg later this week.

Hope your garden is still productive, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...