Friday 13 July 2012

Mixing patterns & styles ... Les Dômes Célestes

It is July and continues to be wet and cold enough most evenings to bring out the cashmere shawls.

Like last Friday I am being "rained off" and spending time at home/running errands. As I fancy a change from the shawls, I am opting for my one and only plissé, Les Dômes Célestes. 




I am pairing it with a missoni-inspired cashmere cardigan which picks up on the bright blue base colour of the scarf and also the coral accents. Interestingly, the cardigan has grey and taupe as base colours (blogged about a previous style dilemma here, so I feel confident to wear with a grey vest and a taupe belt.










I am definitively edging out of the familiarity of tried and tested colour combinations into new colour territory. 


Have a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing post, Bienchen. All the colors work together… Very pretty and effortless look. And what a beautiful and original sweather! The ensemble is really a new style territory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris, I needed those bright colours to distract from the clouds...

      Delete
  2. Love the cardigan , do I recognise a fellow Brora fan?
    They do the best colours and I love the slight quirkiness.
    Genius pairing with your heavenly Domes Celestes Plisse.

    I seldom wear mine, maybe because it has darkish colours and the enlivening flashes of scarlet disappear in the Plisse format . I'm always on the lookout for a bright plisse as I do love the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Estrella, yes it is Brora. Love the quality and - like you - the colours. I am all for the odd bit of quirk, it is what makes us individuals.

      Hope you find a bright plisse anytime soon; I don't think I will be adding many as I find them much less versatile than the other formats.

      Delete
  3. That's lovely Bienchen. I love the mixing of pattern with similar colors. And with the blue jean the outfit is really perfect ! Bravo for such a attempt. I am a little bit shy to do it myself but when I see your result, I must try...
    The bright green hem of your plissé is so nice. It remembers us that we are in summer (even if the temperatures are not hot - in Paris yesterday, it rained all the day long).
    And I join Iris to congratulate you on your sweater. For a fan of Missoni patterns like me, it could only please me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Scarfmoodist, the Missoni zig zags are a modern classic. My look was definitely more "quirky Brit" than "French elegance".

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...