Sunday 4 November 2012

The need for cashmere

After a few long days of travelling in very foul weather conditions, the little gardener and I have arrived, unpacked and started to make contact with friends & family.

In a moment of madness I packed all my scarves that don't live in boxes; they reside in some luxury in mothproof zipped bags and maybe this was tempting me to fling all the bags into my suitcase.

Today was the first opportunity to go for a stroll, all wrapped up against the unrelenting rain. My beloved Pierres d'Orient et d'Occident is a real comfort blanket to me. So I wear it around the house as much as an extra layer when venturing outdoors.


Happiness today is a cashmere shawl and a walk in the rain.


8 comments:

  1. So glad you arrives safely and that you flung in the case lots of lovely scarves .
    This is one wonderful shawl , and what feels better indoors when it's chilly and wet .
    Wishing you better weather ,and a great break .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like we both need better weather, Estrella. On the plus side the damp and cold weather allows us to snuggle up in all those cashmere GM's and that's some concolation. I had been hoping for some glorious autumn weather and the forests and vineyards around here usually have beautiful colours to offer but the winds have stripped most of the leaves already. Oh well, more scarf pictures then... :)

      Delete
  2. Each time I see you wearing this beautiful PdO et dO shawl, you convince me you are the best wearer of this shawl! You look so relaxed in this shawl…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind words, Iris. Surely the honour must go to you for you have become my twin on this grail of mine.

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous scarf, Bienchen. I love the way to tied it.
    Enjoy the visit to your friends and family:-)
    Anne (Playing with Scarves)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Anne. This is such a gorgeous pattern that I feel it does not need a fancy know. The cowboy drape rather than a knot show most of the shawl/pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please show us your Hermes Flipbags. My live in a IKEA Box but i look for something else.
    Maja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bienchen, long time no read. I'd love to know more about these mothproof zippered bags. I hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...