Tuesday 30 August 2011

Cloches

I have been hankering after some fine kitchen garden cloches and I firmly blame the recent drop in temperatures for my actions. Kitchen garden cloches are not just a "chic garden accessory" (advertising blurb not mine) but a necessity where I live.

photo credit: Crocus website


When I saw some fabulous looking cloches in the right dimensions advertised at half retail price I promptly ignored the reviews (bemoaning the poor fit and hassle to assemble) and placed an order. 

They arrived and of course the self assembly job takes two people. With the help of my "undergardener" I attempt to assemble the blasted things. The reviews are right: the perforations in the plastic do not line up with the pre-drilled holes on the frame. The plastic is all curled up and impossible to insert into the end panels. Fiddly or what and frustrating to boot, undergardener is not impressed. Eventually the plastic snaps, so does undergardener and we swiftly abandon our efforts. Being known as the undisputed queen of research before purchase, I am of course rapidly losing streetcred with my family.

I have rung the retailer today and organised for a collection and refund. Top marks for Crocus to organise a no quibble refund and shame on Haxnicks for offering the product to the trade in the first place. I will give Harrod a try next and report back in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...