Wednesday 10 October 2012

A throwback to the 70's - Manège

After the sartorial extravaganza of TF paired with zebra print, I indulged in a bit of 70's nostalgia tonight. Yes, the 1974 Philippe Ledoux design of Manège. 

I don't think it has been re-issued, so I think this is an original issue and the coloiurs so typical of the 70's would support my assumption.


All nice and simple, calm and collected. The cable knit sweater in a brown melange is a neutral base and the weave knot fits perfectly in this very neutral and unchallenging look. No need for jewellery really as there is hardware in gold neatly positioned in the corners.    
Now for some accessories. I have kept these gloves (passed down via my mother from a distant relative) for many years but never found them a great match for my wardrobe. They are also unlined so not suitable for cold weather.    



   
In the current weather though unlined gloves are great and go well with both the bag and scarf. To think that I nearly parted with the scarf a few weeks ago makes me shudder in hindsight. What on earth was I thinking!!

Have you been shopping your wardrobe of late and been finding hidden treasures?

4 comments:

  1. Why do I like this so much?
    Easy really : love vintage style ...it's the real me and I find myself always captivated by a vintage aesthetic.
    Love brown , and it's not an easy colour to pull off , you look terrific in these colours.
    And lastly, love the weave knot .That's not one I can get to work for me, perhaps it's best with a softer vintage scarf.
    And of course this classic design is still stunning, do hang on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear not, Estrella, I have fallen in love with thsi scarf again and will wear it lots. Weave knot is easier with a soft drapey scarf and works well with the dip dye scarves, too. It is a great know for windy weather and if you are wearing lipstock or gloss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bienchen,
    New on your blog. Nice meeting you:-)
    I really love the way you styled/ tied this scarf.And of course these are wonderful colors for the fall.
    Have a great day,
    Anne (Playing With Scarves), also Hermès scarf addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anne, thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. Always delighted to find another scarf addict.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...